MCJA News and Media Resources
2020 MCJA Fall Training *Virtual*
In a crazy year of ever changing circumstances – we are excited to still offer you some normalcy with the 2020 MCJA Fall Training! Thank you for joining us for a day of learning, networking and professional development. We hope you walk away from your screen feeling energized and motivated to lead through what’s sure to be a year to remember!
Please click on the RED or BLUE link below for the session you want to attend during each time slot. And, please share your thoughts and feedback for the day, the virtual format and sessions you would like to see in the future – your voice helps to lead planning for next year!
Opening and Keynote Speaker = 8:45-10:00 am
(Passcode if needed: 002667)
Keynote Speaker, Kathy Westdorp, will begin her address at 9:00 am.
Breakout Session #1 = 10:15-11:00 am
- What’s new Safety Items – Cindy Tyzo
- What’s your score? Rd 3 Sheets – Cheri VanConant, Paula McAllister and Candy Cox
- Mechanics – Jane Plaisted
- What NOT to say, What TO say, When to say it – Juli Brown
Breakout Session #2 = 11:15 am-12:00 pm
- General Impression – Paula McAllister and Juli Brown
- What’s the same? What does it mean? – Cindy Tyzo
- Practice Scoring…deductions in Round 3 – Amy Braun
Lunch on your own 🙂 = 12:00-12:30 pm
General Membership Meeting = 12:30-1:00 pm
(Passcode if needed: 688515)
- Introduction of the MCJA Board – Stacy Smith
- Officiating Schedule and Officiating Card – Cindy Tyzo
- Local association/assignor contact information for new officials – Jane Plaisted
- Membership Report – Jill Lansky
- Celebrate Cheer Officials in all walks of life!
- Official of the Year – Jane Plaisted
PEP Talks = 1:00-2:00 pm
(Passcode if needed: 663554)
- Sportsmanship – Jane Plaisted
- Dress Code – Cheri VanConant
- Being Prepared – Sheila Brownlee
- Officiating during the pandemic – Cindy Tyzo/Candy Cox
- Back your officiating team – Angie Adams
- An AD’s Perspective – Phyllis Olszewski
- Respect – Joyce Smith
- Tips for winter/distance traveling to meets – Melissa Harrison
- Stand on Your Score – Paula McAllister
Highlights of the *NEW* Manual and Final Thoughts = 2:15-3:00 pm
(Passcode if needed: 115301)
- Juli Brown, Jill Lansky, Stacy Smith and Cindy Tyzo
- Survey, Video links, Cheer Chat, Thank you!
**If you are having tech difficulties, assistance is available!
Please Email: email@example.com
**Looking for a Mentor? Look no further….
just email Jane Plaisted, MCJA Mentoring Director