Competitive Cheer teams across the state are preparing for the start of competitions for the 2018/19 cheer season. Cheer officials are getting prepared too! Take time now to start the season off. Ready? OK!
- Rules Meeting
- Cheer Manual – Read, highlight, tab, make notes, draw pictures, add your name and official id, maybe even your RefPay info inside! Take time to make your Cheer Manual your own special tool!
- Rules Insert – add the latest Rules Insert to your Cheer Manual
- Make sure those calculators, stop watches, highlighters and pencils/pens still work
- ArbiterSports – login, update your password, check for assignments
- Judge’s Attire – black is black, white is white, and your MHSAA emblem is ready to be worn
- Submit your Schedule to MHSAA – Tournament Consideration Schedules are due SOON!
- November 29 to be exact. Do not delay. Be prepared and submit this today!
- Once the cheer meets start, stay prepared. Stay prepared at meets by arriving early (at least one hour before start time). Do your paperwork and help others do theirs. Plan ahead and carpool.
- Add judges to your phone contacts when you meet them. (This will help with the future fun carpools you will plan for later in the season!)
- Support each other and support the coaches and athletes that you are serving!
Lastly, I want to mention to always Be Prepared while onsite. Like many public institutions, I recently spent time learning how to be prepared in high threat, disaster situations including active shooters. I started thinking about all of the different public buildings I spend time in; especially schools. Know who your crew is. Take time to learn first and last names of those you are judging with. Know where your exits are! Pay attention to exits while you walk to your judging room and while in the gym. You should always know of two exits in any situation. Never consider an alarm a drill, always be prepared to follow safety procedures. Anyone can play a role in mitigating the impacts of these situations and being aware of your environment will help.
Thank you for taking the time to prepare yourself for the 2018/19 season! I hope it is a fun-filled, enthusiastic year. Remember to reach out to MCJA if we can assist you along the way. Fire up and GO TEAM!
MCJA Recording Secretary